|Brad Molnar on Taylorsville Lake|
(Courier-Journal file photo, 2003)
- Avoid ingesting or inhaling the water.
- Thoroughly clean hands and other areas that have come in contact with the water.
- Avoid allowing open wounds to have direct contact with the water.
- Avoid areas where swimming or harmful algal bloom advisories have been issued.
- Avoid water with obvious odors or surface scums.
- Avoid getting in water after heavy rainfall, especially in dense residential, urban and agricultural areas.
- Avoid areas below wastewater-treatment outfalls, animal feedlots, straight pipes or other obvious sources of pollution.
- Restrict pets and livestock from drinking the water if a bright green or blue-green surface scum is present.